As many of you know, my background is in the new home construction side of design. I worked with home builders to design their show homes and model homes for people to walk through before purchasing or to look through while choosing options on their own homes. A lot of aspects of a home you don’t really think about or notice until you have to choose them for your home. These details often include baseboard and casings, railings, water heaters, garage door openers, window styles, and door profiles. So I decided to share with you some of the common options as well as show pictures of these options so you can have a large reference to look at when you are building or renovating your home. Welcome to The Home Building Bible.
Everything to decide up to the drywall stage
Water Softeners –
Exterior Doors –
- Pro’s & Cons to door materials.
- Before and after front door transformation.
- Garage entry door wish list.
- Garage Entry Door REVEAL.
Everything after drywall
Trimwork – baseboards, casings, headers, railings.
Shower Glass –
- What you need to know about shower glass before you start construction.
- Ideas and inspiration for glass shower doors.
- Canadian Furniture Sources
- Draw your own furniture template with the free printable room planner! Download yours here.
- How to paint over a striped wall