Is there a Glowforge Canada? Have you been considering a Glowforge and live in Canada? There are a lot of questions about the total cost to get the laser cutter to the door. Keep reading to learn what other Canadian Glowforge owners paid and their experiences.
Buying a Glowforge In Canada
Is the glowforge Available in Canada? Yes!
If you are looking to buy a Glowforge and live in Canada, you are probably wondering what the total cost will be after shipping and duties. It’s important to know these import fees to factor into the total cost of the machine. That way you can budget correctly. Nobody wants a surprise $1000 bill after their machine arrives.
Before Covid, many Canadians that ordered a glowforge would ship it to a US address then pick it up. You can save money in courier fees by acting as your own broker. If you can drive it across the border yourself, you will still need to pay duty and taxes at the border. You can expect to pay your provincial tax rate on the price of the machine.
Want your own Glowforge? Check out my tips for what you need to know before ordering a glowforge.
Total Glowforge Canada Price
Import Fees Glowforge Canada
How much does a Glowforge cost? What was the cost to get the unit to the door? The final cost for a glowforge in Canada will mostly depend on which machine you get, the province you live in and the exchange rate for Canadian and US dollars.
There is a standard shipping price of $349 US for Canadian orders that is paid at the time you order your Glowforge. Before the machine arrives (or after, depending on the shipping company) you will get an invoice for taxes, duty, and additional fees.
Because the pricing varies so much based on the machine price and the tax rate of the province you live in, I wanted to give you a general idea of what to expect price-wise.
I purchased a Glowforge Basic and live in Alberta. I paid $349 (US) in shipping when I purchased the machine. A day or two before the machine arrived I got an invoice from UPS for $122.60 (Canadian). I paid this fee on their website and everything arrived with no issues and no surprise bills afterwords.
Canada Glowforge Basic Pricing
- A laser owner in Ontario ordered a GF Basic and was charged $230 in fees.
- Our GF basic was $500 duty/brokerage to Ontario. Brokerage was only $50 of the price.
- My basic was $500 in Ontario
- A basic ordered in November 2020 in Ontario – about $565 total
- I ordered GF basic to Ontario in February 2021 — It got here 3 days later than expected but got refunded shipping for the delay! Typical to other Ontario residents I paid $500 in HST
- Basic in Nova Scotia was $624
- NL and paid over 600 on the basic
- Manitoba and we bought the basic with air filter – came to $6000 with exchange. Then another $700 in import fees.
Canada Glowforge Plus Pricing
- Glowforge Plus was $365 in duties/taxes to Alberta
- Alberta…I paid $365 for my Plus
- I got my PLUS last July and paid $366 in duties and taxes (I’m in Alberta)
- My Plus came to $700-something in Ontario.
- 800 for the plus in Ontario
- GF Plus. Ontario. Just got mine delivered by UPS a few days ago. Customs fees were only around $100, the HST (Ontario) was over $700. Had to pay before delivery
- I paid 700+ and I’m in BC for a plus
Canada Glowforge Pro Pricing
- My GF Pro was $520. I was expecting three times that. Is that normal for BC?
- $502 in BC
- We bought the pro and paid over $9,000 with exchange and I’m in Alberta. So yes it actually does make a huge difference where you live and what machine you get.
- Pro in Alberta just over $450 I believe to Alberta
- Alberta here… 484
- GF Pro $1200 in duties to Ontario
- $1132.24 for the pro to Ontario
- If you’re in Ontario, we purchased a Pro as well, duty and taxes were an additional $1043.
- 1112.71 on pro in Ontario
SAVE ON YOUR GLOWFORGE
I hope this helps to give you an idea about how much to expect to spend for a Glowforge in Canada. If you are looking to buy one I would love it if you used my referral link HERE.
Real talk: It saves you a chunk of money – the amount depending on which machine you buy. I will also get a similar amount for referring you. That being said, I want to help ANYONE and everyone with their machine. So if you need any help, whether you used my code or not, let me know! Leave me a comment, send me an email, or message me on social media!
It can save you up to $500 on a pro! Let me know if you have any other questions about laser cutting or glowforge.
Comments & Reviews
i looked at ordering the glowforge with delivery to washington state, near the BC border. they charge shipping and sales tax and then you’ll have to pay GST/PST on the total (incl. shipping and sales tax) when you bring it into canada. if i ship it to canada, the shipping is a bit more but there’s no US sales tax. So in conclusion, it is cheaper to just ship to canada.
Yeah, I debated all of those things too. I ended up shipping to Canada directly as well. Montana doesn’t have sales tax, so I think most Alberta owners could save shipping there to pick up.
Great info. I am looking for a laser capable machine that can laser AND cut .47mm stainless, nickel, etc.
Can the plus do this?
None of the glowforge machines are able to cut metal. I think you would need a fiber laser for that, but I don’t know a lot about them so unable to make any recommendations.
I live in Ontario and I’m looking to buy a glow forge pro. What are the cost with tax and how long do you think it will take to arrive? Is the set up also easy?
The set up is really easy, when the machine arrives it has really good instructions. The machine is pretty plug and play unless you have anything specific for ventilation. I think the pro is in stock (last I checked) so should ship pretty quick.
Would you happen to know the cost of shipping to Ontario?
How much to ship pro model to Ontario canada?
Hi Jeff! Where in Ontario are you located? I am selling a Glowforge Basic if you are interested.
Iain Munro says
Did you sell your Basic yet ?
I am in Calgary
I am not selling a basic, still using mine!
Gisele Bruhwiler says
I read the comments on your website and i have some questions for you.
I live in B.C. and I am interested in getting a Glowforge Pro, here some of my questions.
After I pay for the machine how much more do you think I will end up paying for duties? Also do you know how to go about paying part of it and the rest on Affirm?
Also where do Canadians go for repairs of any kind for their Glowforge? Is there any distributor in Canada that carry those machines along with parts for it?
Any good advice, I will appreciate please.
Thanks a lot.