Hey Friends! Today I am sharing a gift guide for women, who are sometimes the hardest people to buy for. In this group I have included some of my favorite things, or luxuries I would love to have. I hope this gives you a few ideas for your mom, sister, mother in law, or awesome co-worker who deserves a little something extra. I will include a link to a separate Canadian source as necessary (listed in brackets after the first link, just to make life easier for my fellow Canadian shoppers). Also, if there is something you wish was on this list I would love to know! Feel free to share this, drop a link to your facebook to not so subtly give your man some ideas, whatever you need to do!
Also, in case you’ve missed any gift guides, you can find them all HERE now!
- Swell water bottle (CDN) – Many of my friends have asked for this as a gift, and family members scoff at the price. Yes, it is expensive, and yes, it is worth it. Not only does it come in really fun colors or cute patterns, it will keep your drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. The bottles themselves are non toxic and non-leaching. $45 for 17oz size.
- Chipolo Plus – Do you wish your car keys, wallet, or anything else had a tracker or could ring like the findmyphone app? This little disk can attach to any key chain or to any item you don’t want to lose – like a bike, laptop, backpack or purse. It has the loudest ring of any bluetooth tracker (I have tried others and you can hardly hear them, so this is important) and comes in colors to match your style or blend in to be discreet. Water resistent and maintenance free. $25 on Chiplo.com
- Positivity Necklace – This sentimental necklace is not only beautiful it has a sentimental message as well. Express your feelings and care with this heartfelt necklace from Uncommon Goods. Other messages and inspiring gifts are available there as well.
- Volupsa Candle (CDN) I am pretty sensitive to smells. Meaning, I will like it for a second then it gives me a headache. Or it smells good for a while and then smells really fake. When I worked at Anthropologie many years ago they had this candle burning ALL the time when the store was open and I fell in love with it. The scent is called Saijo Persimmon and I love it in this pink tin, although it comes in a glass jar as well. Its available at Anthro, Amazon, and Indigo.
- VQ Christie Radio – this vintage inspired radio not only plays the actual radio, it can connect via bluetooth to your phone or ipod to play your favorite tunes any time. The display and control panel can rotate so you can display it in both landscape or portrait positions.
- Fitbit Alta (CDN) – I love my Fitbit Charge but the new Alta is slimmer, more discreet looking and has interchangable bands. Since the bands are what always wear out on mine, this feature not only wins design points, it also wins in function. I loooooove the blush color leather. And the rose gold on black. Check out the designer collections for the most beautiful looks (hello, Tory Birch). The tracker is $128 and upgraded bands are around $80.
- Kobo Aura (CDN) – As an avid reader, I love both a physical book and an e-reader for different reasons. As anyone who has moved recently can tell you, its better to have fiction and any quick reads on e-book and design and coffee table books in physical form. If you read more than a couple books a year you will appreciate the ebook form. The Kobo aura has a comfort light for reading in bed, and has a waterproof version for beach or poolside readers. The price point is great starting at just $129.
- Canadian Living Special Occassions Cookbook – I got the opportunity to walk through the offices of Canadian Living magazine a few years ago. I got to see the test kitchen and how much work went into getting the recipe absolutely perfect. As a reader I know I can trust the recipes to be tried and true, so to have a cookbook of theirs would be fantastic.