Handmade Gift Ideas – Personalized Makeup Bags
I am trying to get started early on my Christmas gifts this year, and I have a few handmade gift ideas I want to make. The first on my list is personalized bags. I love to add my name or a cute design to blank items because they make me happy to see them, and always help me keep me organized. A small bag can store my crochet items, chargers, makeup, anything! These bags are easy to personalize, you can finish this project in less than 10 minutes!
Start With A Blank Bag
Blank, or plain, bags are easy to pick up, I usually check dollar spot at Target, walmart, michaels, or online shops like Orinetal Trading.
The Easy Press
Cricut recently came out with an easy to use and affordable heat press called the Easy Press. While this tool is not necessary to complete this project (a household iron can work as well) the Easy Press is faster to use and the vinyl stays adhered much longer. This is awesome when making iron-on shirts or any item that can be thrown into the washing machine.
Tips and Tricks
*I used a canvas makeup bag for this project, but the same instructions can apply to a shirt, baby onesie, tote bag, or anything else you want to apply iron-on vinyl to.
Begin by choosing your design and cutting it out on the Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker. Make sure to select mirror-image for iron on projects!
Easy Press Instructions
- Turn on easy press
- Set time and temperature. There is a simple chart that comes with the easy press to help you choose the time and temperature settings based on the materials in your item and the type of vinyl used. When the machine is ready it will beep.
- Warm your base material. This will smooth the surface and helps the material adhere better.
- Place your design on the material with the clear liner on top.
- Apply the easy press and start the timer. Use your weight to apply pressure. Flip the bag over and heat press on the back side with the same settings. Be careful of the zipper placement, if the surface isn’t flat it might not press evenly.
- Let the film cool before removing from the bag.
That is it! Easy peasy personalized gift in less than 10 minutes. The hardest part is deciding what design to use!
Pin for later:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.