Dollar Store Cricut Crafts
Get into the mood for holiday baking with a pot holder baking mix gift set. It makes an inexpensive gift for teachers and neighbors. This project is made with all items bought at the dollar store and personalized with the Cricut.
These are fantastic gift ideas for teachers, neighbors, and just about anyone because who doesn’t love treats?
These pot holders make a great gift for everyone on your holiday gift-giving list.
Each potholder has a pocket that is perfect to fill with a baking mix and whisk, fresh baked cookies, cookie cutters and sprinkles, a gift card, etc. I love useful items for gifts!
Supplies needed to make your own potholder baking mix gift set:
- Potholder (from Dollar Tree)
- Spatula or whisk (from Dollar Tree)
- Cookie Mix (from Dollar Tree)
- Cricut Machine
- Iron On Vinyl
- Cricut EasyPress
- EasyPress Mat
- Weeding Tools
How to make a Potholder Gift Set
Begin by uploading the design you want to use into Cricut Design Space. If you need help you can read this step by step guide on How To Upload An SVG file into Cricut Design Space. Resize it to fit onto the potholder – mine was about 3 inches square.
Next you will select the material being cut (iron on vinyl) on your machine – this will vary depending on which machine you are using.
Don’t forget to mirror your image!
Place your iron on vinyl shiny side down on the cutting mat and load it into the Cricut. Cut out the design.
Next you will weed the design – which is removing all the excess material around your project. Place the design onto the potholder.
Turn on your EasyPress to the time and temperature on the Cricut Heat Guide. Press for the recommended time.
Peel back the protected liner to reveal your design. Your potholders are almost done! Just fill them with a cookie mix, muffin mix, or hot chocolate mix. Add any other items such as a whisk, spatula, or chocolate spoons.
MORE CRICUT DOLLAR STORE PROJECTS
Get even more Cricut Dollar Store Projects from the some other great craft bloggers. The links to each project is listed below.
- Reverse Canvas from Happy Go Lucky
- Dollar Store Fall Sign from Hello Creative Family
- Yoda Night Light from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Before/After School Mug and Wine Glass from Happiness is Homemade
- Infusible Ink Placemat from Crafting in the Rain
- Skeleton Hand Oven Mitt from Everyday Party Magazine
- Painted Acrylic Sign from The Country Chic Cottage
- Penmanship Tracing Mats from That’s What Che Said
- Potholder Baking Mix Gift Set from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Gaming Organization Bins – See Lindsay
- Hanging Mask Organizer from Mad in Crafts
I’d love it if you would pin this for later.