Leather monogram charms are the perfect accessory for Christmas stockings. Added bonus, they can easily be added to a key chain for a personalized gift to use all year round!
This project was made using the knife blade to cut leather on the Cricut Maker. You can look at or use my design file in design space here.
How to Design Your Leather Monogram Charms
To make a different letter, chose the font and size you would like it to be. Duplicate the letter and mirror image it. Add a rectangle to join the letters together and weld all three shapes together.
If you would like to add an accent color, duplicate your letter design. You can cut out the entire letter in iron-on vinyl and decide from there where to cut it. I designed mine in Design Space by slicing the letter with a basic shape. Either method will work, its just a preference of saving materials or saving time prior to cutting.
Koala Com Light
Boys Will Be Boys – Block
- Place your leather on the cutting mat. Consider placing the leather on to transfer tape to keep your mat from getting fuzzy.
- Use masking tape or painter’s tape to secure edges of the leather to your mat.
- Load the mat into the machine and follow the prompts in Design Space to make your cut.
- Before removing your project from the machine, double check to make sure your project has cut all the way through and perform another cut pass if necessary before unloading the mat.
- Use rubber cement to glue the two leather letters together. Place something heavy on it while it dries.
- Option: add your vinyl or iron-on vinyl designs.
- Cut some embroidery thread or string through the loop at the top of the letters.
- Add a tassel or pom pom for fun.
- Hang from a stocking, tie to a gift, or use as a keychain!
Do you see those cute paper houses in the background? You can get the cut files and directions in this Pantone Color Inspired Christmas Decor post.