Designer Secrets To Affordable Wall Art
Art can make such a huge difference in the way a room feels. Art is a great way to add color and personality to a room, but it can get tricky and expensive very quickly. It feels like there is no happy middle between affordable wall art and investment pieces, and until you narrow down your style it can be a huge commitment. There are some great ways to buy affordable original art, including visiting art schools and student shows. However, another great option for affordable wall art is digital prints.
Via Studio Mcgee
Digital prints are so affordable and easy to put together. I asked a group of friends if they would rather order a digital print or a physical print, and the resounding answer was that a digital print seemed intimidating and home printers never have ink. So, I am here to share all my tips to get digital art printed without having to run to many different places.
There are 3 steps to digital art. Download, Print and Frame.
Find and buy the digital image you love. There are many shops where a digital print (can be a photograph, drawing, or other format) can be yours for less than $20. Some are less than $10. You purchase the file and a link is emailed to you to download a high-res file.
If you are like me and never have ink in your home printer, here is the best kept secret. A print shop. I know, it seems like something you only do for family photos, but its amazing. Typically, you can upload the file directly to the site and order whatever size and style of photo you want. The choices are huge, and all depend on how much you want to spend and the style of photo you want.
Easy enough – place your art in a frame of your choice. Hang and enjoy!
via Emily Henderson
Places To Buy Affordable Wall Art
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you purchase something from a link shared here (including links to amazon). This won’t cost you anything, but helps to power this site and keep me drinking diet coke. Thanks for your support!
There are many places to buy affordable wall art. A great place to start is on etsy. There are many shops in so many styles, so its a great one stop shop to get you started. Here are a few great shops that are carefully curated and given the designer stamp of approval.
Want to try it out yourself? Check out my free printable book art!
Blogs With Free Printables
Another amazing resource is creative / design blogs. Some offer free printables, so you can search on pinterest for something that peaks your interest. I even have some free printables here! You can get access to my entire online library by signing up for my email list.
Here are some great sites that have free printable art:
- Hey Lets Make Stuff – a great site for both printable projects and svg files (which work for both silhouette and Cricut users)
- Lemon Thistle – has some beautiful hand lettered prints as well as a shop with mugs, pillows, and wall hangings
- Repurposing Junkie – Stencils, cut files, and printable art
- Houseful of Handmade – Digital wallpaper for your computers and phones,
- Lovely, Etc – subscribe to her newsletter for an entire collection of free art. I LOVE the vintage camera print.
- The DIY Mommy – I love her printable winter watercolors!
- Design Editor – Awesome vintage camera prints as well as some paper and scrapbook type items
- Squirrly Minds – Art, gift tags, shirt designs, and so many beautiful things
- Design Love Fest – So many great designs for your computer wallpaper and iphone background, but guess what? Those can be printed and framed too!
- Balancing Home – Printables for organization and art, sorted by season for easy to search items.
- Dawn Nicole – Free adult coloring pages, printable art, and planner stickers
- Live Laugh Rowe – so many great prints!
Pin for later:
Are you interested in recommendations for printing? I have a whole detailed post coming soon.