If you are planning a trip to Disney Land or just a Star Wars fan, you will love how easy it is to make your own Disney shirts. Get the free svg file to use with your cutting machine – Silhouette or Cricut!
Star Wars Fans
I grew up in a big Disney loving family and my brother is a big Star Wars fan as well. He even managed to convince us to see the latest show in France because he was dying to see it.
It was at that time that the french subtitles had actual lines when the robots were making mechanical voice sounds. We had to ask him to translate the translations!
Recently my niece went with her entire dance team to perform at Disney Land. Their whole family went together and I offered to make some custom shirts for them.
In addition to family Mickey and Minnie shirts, the boys all wanted DIY Star Wars Shirts. I have seen a few of the shows and can identify most of the characters but will admit that I am not the Star Wars expert.
I asked the boys to come over and help me with the designs. My exact question was – are these guys all from the same show? It was pretty funny and embarrassing.
My 11 year old nephews LOVED to help with the design, weeding the iron-on vinyl, and even helped with the easy press! It was a true team effort and the boys were so excited that they MADE these shirts.
There is just something so satisfying about how professional the shirts look and knowing you made them. We all laughed at how satisfying it is to peel the clear sheet off after pressing the design onto the shirts.
Before they even arrived home from the trip I got 3 messages from friends and my SIL’s friends asking about their shirts and if they could buy some from me. I figured I would share the information here so that everyone else could make their own DIY Star Wars shirts too.
Rollin With The Homies Shirt
Celebrating all our favorite robots in the show – this one was put together because when it comes to assembling a robot team, you can just choose one! I will share a link at the bottom of this post so you can download the free SVG post.
Star Wars Mickey Shirt
The star wars symbols in the Mickey Mouse shape is a free SVG file from Alicia at Sew What Alicia – you can get her file HERE.
- How to upload an SVG to Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Tips and Tricks – Hacks You Need To Know
- Cricut Explore VS Maker – which do you need and why?
DIY Star Wars Shirt
DIY Star Wars Shirt
- Iron-on Vinyl
- Cutting Mat
- Star Wars SVG design – free download below
- Upload SVG to Cricut Design Space – a full tutorial on how to add svg files to Cricut Design Space here.
- Make It – Once your design is ready, click make it to show your design on the cutting mat. If using a Maker it will prompt you to select your materials. Once selecting you will see a preview of the cutting mat. Here you will make sure to mirror the design for using iron-on vinyl. If you are using a scrap piece of vinyl you can re-position the design on the cutting mat to best utilize the material. If using an Explore Air machine you will turn the dial to the iron-on vinyl. Place the iron-on vinyl shiny side down on the cutting mat. Load into the machine and press the blinking go button.
- Cut And Weed – When the cutting is finished the load / unload button will flash. Unload the cutting mat and weed the unwanted vinyl from the design. There will be a plastic sheet on the bottom that will keep your design in place. It will appear backwards at this point, which is correct. Once the design is ready you will flip it over and place it onto your item with the clear plastic sheet on top. Warm your EasyPress to the correct settings for your project. You can find the recommended EasyPress Settings here.
- Press with easy press
Design Space Tutorials
- Best Cricut Fonts
- How to upload your own images
- How To Upload A SVG
- Slice Tool Tutorial
- My Favorite Tools
- Ultimate Vinyl Guide – basics on vinyl types and when to use what
- Where to get the best price craft vinyl in Canada
Iron On Vinyl Tutorials
Looking For A Crafty Friend?
Download SVG Files Here
To get the free SVG, enter your name and email address in the form below and click the GET IT NOW button. I’ll send the SVG cut file straight to your inbox.
Terms and Conditions:
- Downloading this free cut file signs you up for my e-newsletter and you’ll be notified when I release new free SVG files.
- This cut file is for personal or classroom use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, and redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.