Make your own First Christmas Married ornament with this free Merry and Married ornament svg file. Plus, get 10 more free Christmas Ornament SVG files perfect to use with the Cricut, Silhouette, and Glowforge!
A perfect newlywed gift, this acrylic round ornament can be customized in so many ways! Add a wedding date or couples’ names to commemorate that special date forever. I chose to engrave the design on clear acrylic using my glowforge, but I will include a thicker design that is easier to cut with vinyl. Options and choices for you!
Scroll to the very end of this post to get the free svg file sent to you!
Supplies Needed for Merry and Married Ornament
- Sheet of 1/8″ acrylic
- Glowforge laser cutter
- Clear acrylic ornament (optional)
- Adhesive Vinyl (optional)
- Ribbon or twine
How To Make A Newlywed Ornament On The Glowforge
Download the design from the end of this post – enter your email and I will send it right to you! If you already get my emails, don’t worry. Enter your information again – I promise you wont be signed up twice.
Upload the design to the glowforge design site. The cut file I designed includes the lettering and leaves mirrored so that they can be engraved on the back side of the ornament, Set the ornament outline to cut and send it to your machine!
If you are using a Cricut or Silhouette, grab a blank ornament and upload the SVG to your program of choice. Ignore the ornament outline and cut the rest from your vinyl.
Looking for more Christmas DIY projects? You’ll love these:
- CHILLIN WITH MY GNOMIES CHRISTMAS SVG
- Paper Snowflake Template
- Winter Wonderland Tile Ornament
- Peace On Earth SVG
- Free printable Gift Tags
- Printable gift card holder
Ways to personalize this Merry and Married Ornament
Paint some streaky brush strokes on the back of the acrylic ornament to add some color and help make the design stand out.
Add a brush stroke shaped vinyl (there are svgs that work perfectly for this, like this one) for a paint free project.
Add names or dates to your design – I used the font Monsterrat Semi Bold. You could use this free font to add any customization that you like!
More Christmas Ornament SVG Files
Please click each link to head to the site and blog post that contains the FREE SVG file. Each blog is slightly different, but I can assure you that all of these designers offer quality and amazing SVG files! You’ll definitely want to follow them!
- 3D Paper Ball Ornament from 100 Directions
- Merry and Married from Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Snowman Face Bundle from The Country Chic Cottage
- Good Boy/Good Girl List Dog Ornament from Hello Creative Family
- Happy Pawlidays from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Jolliest Bunch from Everyday Party Magazine
- Silent Night from Mad In Crafts
- Baby’s First Christmas from Kara Creates
Design Space Tutorials
- Best Cricut Fonts
- How to upload your own images
- How To Upload A SVG
- Slice Tool Tutorial
- My Favorite Tools
- Ultimate Vinyl Guide – basics on vinyl types and when to use what
- Where to get the best price craft vinyl in Canada
Iron On Vinyl Tutorials
- 3d Stars from Happiness Is Homemade
- Cut Paper Ornaments from 30 Minute Crafts
- Grinch Icon Ornaments from Pineapple Paper Co.
Download SVG Files Here
To get the free SVG, enter your name and email address in the form below and click the GET IT NOW button. I’ll send the SVG cut file straight to your inbox.
Terms and Conditions:
- Downloading this free cut file signs you up for my e-newsletter and you’ll be notified when I release new free SVG files.
- This cut file is for personal or classroom use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, and redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.
Let me know in the comments below, which is your favorite?