Looking for a free fun way to entertain the kids? An activity to keep them busy and somewhat quiet so you can work from home? You will love this free printable tangram puzzle – just print, cut and play!
It can be hard to find screen free ways to keep your child occupied. Whether on a break from school or traveling, this printable tangram puzzle is great because it will keep your kids entertained, quiet, and learning at the same time!
Tangram tiles can be played trying to match patterns on the cards, or make their own designs. Open ended toys for kids will create unlimited fun.
What Is A Tangram Puzzle?
Tangram is an ancient Chinese puzzle using simple geometric shapes, called tans, that are rearranged to form a specific design. Typically, all seven pieces must be used, each must touch, all pieces must lay flat and no shapes can overlap. The only exception to this is with very beginner puzzles which might not use all of the pieces in one puzzle. It may be necessary to flip the single parallelogram piece to solve certain puzzles.
What do kids learn using a Tangram Puzzle?
Tangrams are great for developing visual orientation skills, spatial relationships, logic, decision making, and creative problem solving. As with most educational games, discussion brings greater insights. Questions you could ask are: How would the shapes look they were rotated? What if we stuck these two shapes together?
How To Use This Printable Tangram Puzzle
Today I am sharing a free printable tangram puzzle with you! A page of tans can be cut out with a paper slicer, or even scissors. Design challenge cards are included that are printed 4 to a page, which can be easily cut with scissors as well. For added durability and ease of travel, I will show you how I assembled mine to make it more durable and magnetic.
To Make This Tangram Puzzle You Will Need:
- Printer Paper
- Paper trimmer
- Xyron Creative Station
- Xyron Creative Station – magnetic
- Cookie sheet – I got mine at the dollar store
- Cookie Sheet
- Print out Tangram pattern.
- Cut out each shape using the paper trimmer.
- (optional) Run each piece through the Xyron creative station to laminate and add magnetic backing to each piece.
- Trim again
- Play and enjoy!
Other Printable Games
If you love printable games and activity pages, here are some more you should check out too!
- Summer I-Spy Game – 3 different levels of difficulty
- Printable Art – great finds for affordable art
- Travel Journal – a printable travel book to journal your journeys!
- Printable Tangram Puzzle – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Steam Maker Space Lists & Observations – Hello Creative Family
- Color Wheel & Walking Rainbow – Happiness is Homemade
- Science Lab Matching Game – Crafting In The Rain
- Straw Rockets – The Country Chic Cottage
- Space Activity Sheet – Everyday Party Magazine
- STEM Challenge Cards – Happy Go Lucky
- Coloring Bugs Printable – 100 Directions
- Science is Rad Poster – seeLINDSAY
- Secret Decoder Rings – 30 Minute Crafts
- 28 Day Lego STEM Challenge – Mad in Crafts
- Solar System Bingo – Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Science Notebook Covers – Pineapple Paper Co.
- Robots in Space Coloring Page – Fun For Little Ones
- Space Rocket Coloring Page – Liz On Call
- Math Coloring Worksheets – Printable Crush