Kids will love to read and explore new books with this reading challenge coloring page. Get the free download at the end of this post and print a copy for everyone!
Growing up I was always reading books, and I even had to promise my mom I wouldn’t read for fun during the school semester while at University.
Not all the kids in our family had the same love for reading. Some kids were happily entertained with reading a good book while others were… not so much. In fact, I saved many series of books I read as a child in the hopes that my children would enjoy them too.
While my boys do enjoy a great book, they sometimes need a bit of encouragement to get started. If you are looking for some creative ways to get your kids to like reading, try this list of 10 best comic books for kids.
One of my boys can often be found reading on his own but tends to need some encouragement to try a more “meaty” book. By meaty I mean a book that takes longer than an hour to read or has more text than images on each individual page.
Rather than a book list with specific titles to read, I chose to list different types of books to try and different activities to do with reading.
READING CHALLENGES SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES:
- A book with a red cover
- A non-fiction book
- A fairytale
- A book recommended by a friend
- A Book published this year
- An award winning book
- A book published the year you were born
Are you looking for some reading and book themed svg files? You will love this collection and my Books Are My Love Language file!
Printing Tips and Essentials
- I use this basic printer for all of my printing needs.
- HP Instant Ink is my favorite way to save money on ink. Never run out of ink again!
- This scotch termal laminator is what I have, it works great.
- If printing a large quantity, send the file to a local printer!
- I recommend printing onto cardstock over standard printer paper. It always looks and feels nicer.
MORE READING AND BOOK ACTIVITIES
As always, I am joining with my creative friends to share our #totallyfreeprintable and this month is all about reading and books! Check out all the great projects and fun.
- Brooklyn Berry Designs – Reading Challenge Coloring Page
- Hello Creative Family – Book Club Reading Tracker
- Happiness is Homemade – Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
- Crafting in the Rain – Book Quote Sign
- The Country Chic Cottage – Book Lover Sticker Sheet
- Everyday Party Magazine – Printable Bookmarks
- Happy Go Lucky – Color By Code Reading Logs
- 100 Directions – Floral Bookmark and Reading Log
- Hey, Let’s Make Stuff – Reading Bingo
- Artsy-Fartsy Mama – Alphabet Bingo
- Pineapple Paper Co. – Printable Reading Log
- Fun for Little Ones – Let’s Read Playroom Wall Art
- Liz on Call – Coloring Bookmarks
- Printable Crush – Alphabet Tracing Worksheet
- Creatively Beth – Owl Themed Bookmarks to Color
- Mad in Crafts – 28-Day Reading Challenge Calendar
- Tried & True Creative – Books Are Friends Coloring Page
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE READING LOG FOR KIDS
Using the link below you can download the printable reading log to use for your summer reading challenge. Simply save a copy to your computer, print it out and you’re ready to go!
Looking For A Crafty Friend?
GET THE KIDS READING CHALLENGE:
To get the free printable enter your name and email address in the form below and click the GET IT NOW button. I’ll send the printable file straight to your inbox.
Terms and Conditions:
- By downloading this free printable you are signing up for my e-newsletter and you’ll be notified when I release new free printable files.
- This printable is for personal use or classroom use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, and redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this.