Looking for a free printable Easter scavenger hunt already planned for you? This indoor game will make searching for Easter baskets (or just a prize) way more fun!
FREE PRINTABLE EASTER SCAVENGER HUNT GAME
Does the Easter Bunny hide the Easter baskets for your children? This last year during Covid (and no community and group events planned) we really felt the need to stretch out our activities.
Our house decided to stretch out the entertainment value of the Easter Basket by hiding them and leaving clues for the kids to find them. They follow the clues through a scavenger hunt through the house until the end the search to the Easter Basket prize!
This Easter scavenger hunt for kids is fun for all ages and can be easily adapted to be easier or harder depending on the kids ages.
HOW DOES A EASTER BASKET SCAVENGER HUNT WORK?
Typical Easter egg scavenger hunts can have different rules. Here are some tips on how to plan an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt for different groups and ages.
An Easter Basket scavenger hunt has a list of clues that lead you from one location to another. The set I designed have cute little cartoon bunnies, eggs, and baskets.
Each new location has a new clue leading you to the next, and eventually ending in the location with the Easter Baskets. The Easter scavenger hunt clues are written in short hints that typically rhyme.
HOW TO SET UP A SCAVENGER HUNT
- Download the Easter Scavenger Hunt Clues (the box to enter your information is at the very end of this post(.
- Print off the clues and cut them apart with a paper trimmer.
- Hide the eggs following the instructions below. They tell you where to hide each clue to make sure they find it! They can be taped in the location or placed in plastic eggs.
- Start with the first clue and watch the kids as they solve the riddles and run to the next location.
- The final clue takes them to their Easter basket!
EASTER SCAVENGER HUNT CLUES
We’ve included all the clues here as well, if you need them for reference on where to hide them!
Your kids will love going on an Easter scavenger hunt and finding their basket at the end! Have fun setting up this Easter scavenger hunt and Happy Easter!
- Clue 1: Lets hunt for a treat, Where do shoes go when they aren’t on your feet? (Hide the next clue in a entry closet or shoe basket near the front door – you could also hide it inside a shoe)
- Clue 2: Gather together, all in a pack, go to the place where you look for a snack. (Hide the next clue in the pantry)
- Clue 3: Don’t act like a fool, look for the place where you keep the food cool. (Hide the next clue in the fridge)
- Clue 4: Good searching – you guys are pros! Search the place where we wash our clothes. (Hide the next clue in, on the side of, or around the washing machine).
- Clue 5: In this room you should hear a flush. Look where you keep your tooth brush. (Hide the next clue can be hidden in a medicine cabinet, drawer, or on a counter in the bathroom).
- Clue 6: Begin your search high and low, in the place you sit to watch a show. (The next clue should be hidden under the cushions on the couch, or underneath the entire thing).
- Clue 7: I rotate like the earth orbiting the sun, I heat up food and beep when I am done. (This clue can be taped to the side or inside of the microwave).
- Clue 8: You don’t have to look far, the next clue is where we park the car. (The Easter Baskets are located in the driveway or on the path from the house to where the car is parked)
The whole family will have fun with this silly Easter scavenger hunt, and it’s guaranteed to add some joy and excitement to your Easter morning! My family absolutely loved it!
Pin This Easter Basket Scavenger Hunt
To get the free printable enter your name and email address in the form below and click the GET IT NOW button. I’ll send the printable file straight to your inbox.
Terms and Conditions:
- Downloading this free printable you are signing up for my e-newsletter and you’ll be notified when I release new free printable files.
- This printable is for personal or classroom use only.
- This file can be used in part or in whole for your personal projects.
- Digital reselling, sharing, redistributing of the files is NOT allowed. If you would like to share, please direct friends to the original blog post where you found this cut file.