Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a special shirt you made yourself with this free buffalo plaid shamrock svg. You will be pinch free and looking good in a shirt you can wear year round as well!
Whether you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day out drinking with friends or as a festive fun day with kids, its a fun one day, low stress “holiday” to brighten up a winter day in March.
A few years ago I made simple shamrock shirts for all 4 of my boys to wear. Green metallic iron-on vinyl cut out into shamrocks about 3 inches square, I ironed them onto some matching grey baseball shirts with black sleeves. They were so cute, I got asked about them about all the time. The best part is that the shirts weren’t so themed which made it easy to wear them year round.
Layered Buffalo Plaid Design
– no patterned vinyl needed
When it came to making new shirts (because kids grow like weeds and non of those shirts fit anymore) I decided to take it up a level with a two layered design. This buffalo plaid shamrock svg file is designed in two layers – the first is a solid color and the buffalo plaid design is cut from a solid color. This makes it so you can make your own pattern without having to use patterned vinyl. You can also use the base layer and just have the solid shamrock shape. The options are available to you to choose.
If layering vinyl is not your thing, or you want to use a glitter vinyl that cannot be layered, you could cut the buffalo plaid design using the slice tool so that the two colors are all side by side and not on top of each other. If you need help, search for a tutorial on the knock out method.
How do you and your family celebrate Saint Patricks Day?
To celebrate this fun day, I joined some other blog friends to share 14 free SVG cut files for you to use!
- Buffalo Plaid Shamrock by Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Let the Shenanigans Begin by Pineapple Paper Co.
- I’m Not Irish, I Just Love Beer by We Can Make That
- Lucky Mama by That’s What Che Said
- Happy Go Lucky by The Girl Creative
- Rainbow Magic by Liz on Call
- Can’t Pinch This by Life Sew Savory
- Shamrock Cluster by Everyday Party Magazine
- Lucky Clover Monogram by Happy Go Lucky
- When Do The Shenanigans Begin by Kelly Leigh Creates
- Wee Lil Hooligan by Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Retro “Lucky” Graphic Tee by unOriginal Mom
- May the Luck Be With You by A Home to Grow Old In
- The Leprechaun Made Me Do It by Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
Looking for more St Patricks day crafts and activities?
DOWNLOAD THE BUFFALO PLAID SVG FILE HERE
SVG files are free for email subscribers! Enter your email and the form to download your file will appear.